Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Peach-Dedicated my dear friend Cathie Robinson

This is my first draft.  I am still trying to figure out some things here, but will return to revise.  I wish I could encapsulate all that you mean to me Cathie.  I hope that I have captured this for now.  You mean so much to me as a person and a professional.  I am truly indebted to you forever. The Good Lord put us together for a reason.  May the Good Lord bless you now and forever.  Thanks friend!


PEACH

Sometimes 
Meeting people
Along the way
On the journey
Never to forget
One person
Difference made
Life impacted
much to gain
Someone
Someone
never let go
here for a while
 a decade
or so
still...
not long enough
for me

So hard
so hard
to let 
go

Doesn't seem real
Can't  take a hold
dream so foggy
cannot
story's cut short
not to be told
make sense
you leaving?
Hard to compute
Just gotta
let you
go

Funny
Let you go once
two years to the day
Now 
Here it comes my way
again
that day
when goodbyes
won't do
tears go through me
run down my cheeks
soul
 seared
to the bone
charred
remains
am I

That person
holds so much
priceless
from the
encouragement
compassion
inspiration
class
a shoulder
to cry
someone to listen
 my coach
 sister
mentor
friend
PEACH

Who would have thought?
thirteen years
come and gone
this peach
would
could
help me grow
better person
I am 
still
it hurts
down deep
'cause I gotta
for the third time
let go

Difficulty
cannot find the words
to express
my gratitude
writing this poem
for this peach
of a person
with such divine
dignity
so special
endearing
to me
my mentor
example
simply
Cath-ie

Want you to know
the world
you mean to me
I will never forget
Let it slip my mind
your kinds words
so many words
full of charity
peace and serenity
some laughter
with some
grit
the truth
always
pushing me
forth
to goodness
betterment
never say never
ask a question
a time or two
just plain said
you believe in me
always have
always will
and this I treasure
above all

You will never know
how much
you mean
can't do it justice
Cathie 
you are a peach
so wonderful
Eternally grateful
I stand humbled
 to say
what a friend
you have been
in my life
will continue
to be
thirteen years
y pico
extraordinary
such a
PEACH

1 comment: