Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Boxed Inn by M Ucles

Boxed Inn

By Maureen Ucles


You've got me
Boxed In
Cornered in all directions
This place
Reeks of basement mold
Packaged peanuts and puffy plastic pillows
or was that your ego?
Inflating my brain
Contusion
Utter
Confusion
So
Concussed
Withering to rust
Oxidation in
this stinking,
stifling,
 stagnant
Boxed INN

Where do  I reside?
In your embrace?
No, more like
a chide
slap across my face
'cause I can't find
anything
in this dastardly, dilapidated
place
incarcerated --
cruel and unusual
torture

 Banished
ostracized
tainted
with my original sin
like
Adam and Eve
South of Eden
North of Nowhere
descending
into depths of darkness
abyss to abysmal
Get me outta of this
horrible,
 hellacious,
 horrendous
Boxed Inn

 Hotel California
Checking in
No way out
wanna
gonna
Tear down
 wailing walls
crumbling
piece by piece
inch by inch
imploding,
exploding
onto me
Boxed Inn
Out


 Reaching
 beyond reach
grasping
a glimpse
any spark
light eternal
the heavens
I
gravitate
 encapsulate
the tangible
surreal
peace...peace
permeates
possibly
infiltrates
my being

Me, myself and I
without you--
outside this 
cruel confinement
into solemn serenity
Boxed Inn
No more
checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment