Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Home

I haven't written much lately. I will, however, make it my personal goal to get back to blogging. One thing that I know that will inspire me will be my return to the campus level. I can't wait to get back to working on a campus with students. I can't wait to share my love of teaching with others. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things again. I miss working on a campus and getting to know the my fellow colleagues and kids. I am thrilled to come back to what I love to do. It has been around three months since I left the campus life. I enjoyed working with the people in my office and the literacy coaches, but I longed for being on a campus daily. There's just something that draws me. I know that it is my love of teaching and feeling extremely connected. On Monday, I will experience that again. What I learned through this experience is that I need to follow my heart and my immediate goals which are to work with students and colleagues. There is so much more that I want to do and try out. I will be overjoyed to see the students and hear their stories. I know that I miss my students from last year. I miss seeing them at the door every day and hearing about what is happening in their lives. I miss the silly things that they say and the faces that they make. I miss the joy in their eyes and their laughter. I miss my classroom. I am beyond blessed to be back. I guess I can say to myself, "Welcome back!"  I know my heart will say it a thousand times over.


No comments:

Post a Comment