Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, October 17, 2016

Back in the Saddle Again

It has been two weeks and a day since I rejoined my colleagues in SBISD. It feels so nice to be back in the saddle again doing what I love. Teaching 4th and 5th grade students again is heavenly. When I made my decision to seek a different employment opportunity in July, I suppose I never really wanted to let go of the classroom and teaching. Based on my experience, I know now what will make me the happiest. By far, without a doubt, being at a campus, working with students and colleagues, is where I belong. Each day, I get to see groups of students and discuss great books, read along side the students, share my love of literacy, and listen the students share their thoughts and love of reading and writing. That is what I absolutely loved last year when I taught fourth grade students. Even though I worked my finger to the bone last year as a teacher in the classroom, I loved it. It was a lot of work, but I didn't view as drudgery. Hard work is not a bad thing, rather when you get to do what you love, it isn't "work". It is a vocation. I now know that I must be involved in the mix. I desire to be working with students and my colleagues. Working with my colleagues is great. I get to share some my many years of experience and get to work with some wonderful minds in the process. Finally, after a brief stint in the higher echelons, I am back to where I should have been. The only difference is that I am in a different campus working daily with more fourth and fifth grade students from different classes. I feel  at home here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment