Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Hurricane Harvey Book Club

There was a book club created during the trying times and aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. A second grade teacher in Cy Fair ISD started the club for her students and a few teachers. It grew from 70 people to thousands of participants. Teachers and students created videos of reading their favorite books. A teacher friend of mine added me to the group. I saw some of my SBISD colleagues reading on there and teachers and students from all around the United States and the world. I wanted to participate, but my best books were at school. I decided to go into my garage and try to find something to read in English and Spanish. If it wasn't perfect, then that would be okay. The purpose was to share and lift people's spirits. I have included the two videos that I made. They can be found on my You Tube Channel.


No comments:

Post a Comment