Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, July 29, 2016

Migraine

I went to one of my blogs today. I found a poem that I wrote about three year ago. I wanted to post it today. For more information on migraines, go to Migraine Aura-Mayo Clinic . I suffer from migraines occasionally. I get the aura where I see blotches and lights. These occur right before my migraine will reveal itself.  They can be horrible.

Migraine 

by Maureen Ucles

I feel a headache
coming on
dizzy

I feel a headache
very strong--
migraine
going to sit
down

Light sensitivity
Lights through a prism
stretching
l blotching
covering parts of
 people's faces
no one can see
but only me
the aura
I know
I
need
rest
prontito

I feel a migraine
creeping in
close my eyes
head down
leave me
be
don't worry
It's something
I have to suffer
through

Monstrous migraine
blaring its ugly 
head
mind numbing
pain
throbbing
migraine

I feel a migraine
taking hold
stomach hurts
minds wailing
when will it end?
rest needed
slumber
calling


This migraine
won't subside
turn down the shades
Tylenol by the handful
eyes closed
damp cloth on
forehead
laying supine
on my bed
Migraine
debilitating
excruciating
Migraine
in the house
behind the eyes
subsiding
slowly
quietly

Migraine

No comments:

Post a Comment