Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, July 18, 2016

Onwards and Upwards!

Today I accepted a position in Spring ISD as a Core Director of English Language Arts in grades K-5. I will be working alongside my cherished long time friend and colleague, Alana Morris. I am so excited about the work that we will do to serve the students, teachers, principals, staff, and community of Spring. This will be a big task for me as I have worked in Spring Branch ISD for 18 wonderful years.  I have so many people to meet, new roads to traverse, and schools to frequent. I know SBISD very well. (In particular the North side.) I know the short cuts and best Mexican restaurants to frequent. I know the principals, teachers, and many students. Because of this, it is hard to say goodbye. In particular, it is difficult to say goodbye to my fourth grade students and team. Some of my students said,"This is not goodbye because I will come visit you when I am in 5th grade." Still others said, "We are not leaving this room! We don't want to go!" How I wish that I could somehow still see them. Maybe we could Skype?  Who knows? What I do know is that they made last year a very memorable year. They were unforgettable. Each one has a special place in my heart. The memories will never fade. (If you are one of my students then remember to keep writing, reading, and dreaming big! You are wild readers and writers!)

When  I came to Spring Branch, I already had around 8 years of teaching experience. I thought that I knew a lot. However, after 18 years, I realize that there was so much to learn and experience. I have gained so much from being a part of SBISD> The people and students in Spring Branch will always be special to me. It is great place to work and learn. My daughter graduated from a Spring Branch school. She loved it!

 On one hand, I feel excited about the new job and on the other, I feel sad. I feel sad because of the people that I will be leaving behind. They are quality people. Some of these wonderful people also moved on within the last few years too and they are thriving. I can only hope to do the same.

I look forward to the work that lay ahead of me. I have met many wonderful people in the interview process thus far. I have a wonderful feeling about this job!  I am ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work. There is much to do, see, learn and experience in Spring ISD. I can't wait to get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment