Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

It's Playoff Time

This is one of my favorite sports times of the year. It is the first round of the NBA playoffs. For the next few weeks, there will be an NBA game on ESPN and TNT. I love watching the games and then settling back and listening to Kenny-The-Jet-Smith, outspoken and hilarious Sir Charles Barkley, Ernie Johnson, and The Diesel-Shaquille O'Neal.  They make NBA commentary fun to watch. I have been watching them for years and years.

This year, I am whole heartedly supporting Houston and San Antonio. Finally, I think the Rockets have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs. The problem, however, is that they have to face San Antonio in the next round. I know. I am counting my chickens before they are hatched, but the Rockets defeating OKC is a sure thing, and the Spurs, baring any unforeseen and unfortunate injury to Kawhi Leonard,  may have their brooms out early. I wish that Houston or San Antonio would play the Golden State Warriors before meeting each other. Who is the stronger team? I would say San Antonio, but the Rockets are no joke. They have plenty of fire power from beyond the arc and the Beard has finally learned to play some defense and share the ball. This year, he has made his teammates better! I could say the same thing about Kawhi. He goes about his business without much fanfare. He just plain gets it done on both ends of the floor. I heart Charles and Shaq call him the most complete player in the NBA, even above LeBron. Wow! That is saying something. I even heard Reggie Miller make the same comment in his play by play last night!

This year, the NBA has my attention long before June and everyone's predicted final match up: Cleveland versus Golden State. Although I would like to see a rematch, I would also love to see the Spurs or Rockets upset Golden State. That would be wonderful. If that happened, then I would have to take my support away from LeBron, Kyrie, and Kevin and cheer for the Beard or Kawhi and friends. Vamos a ver lo que pasa...we will see what happens and how the ball will bounce. Go Rockets and Spurs.

Please click on an article by Skip Bayless. He speaks about the reasons why Kawhi has ascended past the King. Is it is true? You be the judge.  Kawhi-Five Reasons Why

No comments:

Post a Comment