Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Free...

Free
By Maureen Ucles


Trudging
Smudging
Rather pudgy
Looking
Based on the
Weight I gained
Seemed so insane
The stress
Worry
In such a hurry
To get to…
Today

Today
I have gone 
Closed the door
Turned the key
Bolted shut
Walked away
No more worries,
Not for me
No more pain
No, not in the least
I am
Completely
Unequivocally
Surprisingly
Free
Free like MLK
or maybe LBJ
returning home
to Cleveland
Not a care
Not a worry
Simply
Utterly
Free



Free like lunches
Served up piping hot
In warm soup kitchens
homeless shelters
Free like…
Government cheese
Grilled to perfection
Free like…free like..
That would be
That would be
ME!

Open the gates
Let the shackles fall
Down, down
This is surreal
In slow motion
Under water
No noise do I hear...feel
‘cept sweet serenity
Just like me
Peace
so palpable
incredible
free

Let the cell walls crumble
to the ground
I'm a
Walking out
Solitary confined me
No more
Light of day
Sears my eyes
Doesn’t matter
In the least
‘cause baby
I am free
On my own
Free like a bird soaring
In the Southern sky
Mid December
Free
Water all up in my eyes
Face and cheeks
Baptismal font
Free



Simply free
Am I
To be more
Do more
Be ME!
Out of the box
Look out y'all!

   Feels so good, 
nothing short of great
All of the above
Elevating
Strolling
Out of controlling
My emotions

Spectacularly free!

No comments:

Post a Comment