Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, December 15, 2014

Six Years and...Revised

Six Years and…

By Maureen Ucles


Six years and a half—
Could have sworn 
Just yesterday
We were workin’
Bouncing ideas
Free flowin’
Oh no!
Step around, jump, skip
Whatever you can
Don’t step
on that crack
Break your mamma’s back
Or my heart
Whichever comes first…

Six years and a half
Can’t remember it all
Can never go back
I just wanna
Slow down… time
Tick-toc  tick-toc
You could never
Stop time
Nor can I
sigh
Times a changing
With more
TIC TOC TIC TOC
TIC TOC TIC TOC
Sounds ‘a rackin’ my brain
Feel a little convoluted
Little insane
Just can’t see it
My way
No way
Can’t play
To jail
Set sail
On your way
out

Six years and a half
Running
Always, always
Running out of…
Never ever
Walking, slowing
down
Nope it’s me
Me knowing
BOOM!
You’re gone
No more…
Fun in the Sun
Belly laughter
Bursting at the seams
Borrowed time
On clearance
Now gone-
Past layaway
Cash register
Checked out


Six years and counting
Why does it have to end…
this way?
Hard
So very hard
To say
Goodbye and
Set the past free
What it can be
What it was
Now
Without me
Just gone, gone, gone
Cold chills
Flowing
Uphill
In my veins
Not so easy
With my poor lungs
Tired of breathing
Still wheezing
Allergies
Asthma
Such a catastrophe
Am I
Without ya



Six years and a half
Don’t really have the Math
To compute
This craziness
Insanity… times three
Why do you have to flee?
No sense
Is this making
And me?
Nope, not faking
Cannot seem to awake
From this nightmare
I am ‘a livin


Six years and a half
Done gone
Like cold coffee
Down the drain
With those grinds
Six stinkin’ years
No more
And
a half


To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment