Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Ample Revised

I remember writing this poem after spending an evening with Alana Morris putting together stress balls at Panera. She was helping me make stress balls out of rice and nice balloons for my Abydos Writing certification presentation. We sat and put together a number of these rice stress balls that  evening. We received some very interesting looks from the people dining that night. Alana brought her rice tin. I brought a bag of brown rice. Alana didn't know if the brown rice would suffice because all she ever used was white rice. I am glad I didn't buy any Uncle Ben's Wild Rice. That would have been interesting. I wrote this poem (Ample)  after spending time with my good friend. I certainly missed working with her. We shared an office closet for 6 1/2 years. I never thought that there would be a day when I wouldn't see her daily. Now, when I get a chance to see her, I am overjoyed. The memories flood my mind. There are numerous memories. The fondest ones are the late evenings working on projects and eating Domino's Pizza. I also remember making numerous trips to Murphy's Deli and getting her the stuffed veggie pocket and Grandma's Peach Iced Tea. Those were the days. Who knows, maybe someday we can work together like that again. I certainly hope that we can in some form or fashion. I feel that way about all the people that I worked with at the SBISD's Administration Building. Many have moved onto places like Austin and  the Bayou with a cute little dog named Archie. They may even be from Michigan and that is okay. There is ample room...ample.


Ample
by Maureen Ucles

So nice
to hear your voice
thoughts
laughter
Pick your brain--
Just be--
Delightful

So nice
to see you
once again
expressions
genius
locura...
Nicety


Just plain relaxing
shooting the breeze
collaborating
satiating
my brain
bouncing ideas
puts me at ease
Engaging

Ya know--
we gotta
do this again
Soon...okay?
Ample

No comments:

Post a Comment