Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Today



Today

by Maureen Ucles

Today is special
because of you
only 
because of you

Today
a day like no other
I became
your mother
Eighteen years 
so long ago--
yet
seems like
yesterday

Would I be a good mom?
Could I be a good mom?
What will you look like?
Who will you become?
Questions raised
 news of my pregnancy
ever so elated

Kicking
moving
fluttering
waiting
anticipation

Now eighteen
Wow eighteen!
truly you have blossomed--
determination
compassion
creativity
sensitivity
caring
hard worker
never giving up
not even once
perseverant
simply you
simply
beautiful
wonderful
Elizabeth

All these years--
blink of an eye
kinder--
now graduating?
How?


Blessing
gift
laughter
tears
making it
surpassing dreams--
more to be
realized
future's bright
you got it right
 make me so 
insanely proud
to call you
mine
my baby
sweet heart
my soul
you are
above all 
 hope and joy

Happy birthday!
young lady
eighteen years 
and counting...

2 comments: