Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Diary of a Whimpy Kid Old School Lottery

My students are bonkers for Dairy of a Whimpy Kid. Yesterday I received my shipment of three books that I preordered from Scholastic. The newly released Dairy of a Whimpy Kid-Old School was a hit. Last week we held a book lottery for the first two ccpies. The selected lottery winners now get first dibs on the reading of these books. They jumped up and down when I showed them the new books. They were fortunate to read them during Ludic reading in the classroom today and also are allowed to take them home to read.  I have a long waiting list. Next Friday, the next three get to read the books. Maybe I should buy more? I am considering it.

It was so fun to see their reaction and joy! They didn't want to put the books down.

My students are such wild readers. Anytime I share my new reads, they want to immediately  borrow the new books. Then I have to start new lotteries. I got the idea of book lotteries from Donalyn Miller's Reading in the Wild. This is such a great way to solve a big problem: my students want to read everything!  It is a great problem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment