Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Funny Commercials

I have been watching some funny commercial lately. Geico always has funny commercials. I really like the new one with the raccoons. The reason why it is so funny is because it rings true. Why do we want other people to taste something that tastes bad? Growing up, my mom would always say, "Taste this. Does this taste funny to you? Does it taste bad?" Of course we would then taste it and then make a sour face. "Eww! That tastes nasty!" we would say. Why do we continue this tradition? I do the same with my daughter. If something tastes strange, why do I want others to share in its putrid nature? I suppose we want verification of our suspicions. It is a good thing, however, that we don't follow that same prescription with Ebola or other viruses.  "Does this taste like Ebola to you?  Taste it!  Does this taste like Salmonella to you?  Try it and see!" Nope! We don't share Listeria from cookie dough ice cream. I am sure that the workers at Blue Bell didn't have that conversation. "Does this taste like Listeria to you?" Nope. It is a good thing that we do not share the Listeria. I am glad that we don't. But...I think it is time that we abandon the nasty taste test. It would and could be bad for our health. This practice needs to be discontinued. Just sayin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment