Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, November 4, 2016

What a Great Week!

It is Friday. The end of the work week ends, and I feel very tired. My cansansio or fatigue is a good fatigue. It has been a great week, after all. I love my job. I love the fact that I get to work with students everyday and try out different teaching techniques from the masters like Gretchen Bernabei, Dr. Joyce Carroll, Fountas and Pinnell, Georgia Heard, Donalyn Miller, and  Jeff Anderson. I have the honor and pleasure of sharing my love of books with students in book clubs and guided reading. I have always enjoyed teaching 5th graders, and now I get to work with them daily. In addition to working with 5th grade students, I also work with 4th graders in the areas of reading, writing, and grammar instruction. I was also able to share some of my poetry with a 4th grade class. I read Tip to the class and Grasping at Straws. We discussed the structure of poetry, free verse, and the use of imagery.  I also was able to work with 4th graders after school. We worked on the use of subjective and objective pronouns using Grammar Keepers while we created a pronoun book.  I love it!

To make my Friday close to perfect, I worked with some wonderful and thoughtful teachers in planning future lessons. I also provided some professional development. The professionals on my campus are dedicated and appreciative. The time flew by!  This is week five working on the campus level.  I am glad I made the decision to return. It is good for my soul. I feel blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment