Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, February 13, 2015

Get My Blogging On!

This past week I have been around people who appreciate blogging and communicating digitally.  It is certainly nice to be around people like that. I know that next year I will be working with these people and it will be great to explore more digital ideas with them.  I cannot wait to walk in those doors everyday to positive attitudes about the joys of technology. To that end, I would like to try to post weekly, if not daily.  When I was driving home today, I wish that I had some dragon software in my car so I could have recorded my thoughts.  For now, this will have to do.

Numbers
by Maureen Ucles

Eighteen 
more days
Eighteen 
more weeks
Eighteen weeks 
and two days

Or was it eighteen minutes?
Eighteen hours?
in a twenty-four hour day
Eighteen seconds?
Eighteen

Eighteen 
 the number
I contemplate
Might go irate
if I have to wait--
wait any longer

Eighteen minus two
Eighteen 'til were through
'til I am done
stick a fork in me
completely

Eighteen
Eighteen
Eighteen

Cannot 
Will not
No way
No how
Stop me
from closing
this door
this window
this cell
pad lock
want to 
block
any semblance
of you
not even
a hint
nor hue
will do
Enough said
We're 
Through

Eighteen hours
days
months
years
decades
millenniums
eternity
done

Eighteen weeks
two days
'til
I run
skip
slip
into
oblivion
catatonic state
never to be
heard
seen
again
by
you

Eighteen
Eighteen
Just eighteen
sound the horn
pull the alarm
two if by night
one if by me
You ain't got
what it takes
you lost me
 clear as day
in the night
at...
never had me
no completion
just an utter
act of deletion
done

Eighteen
Seventeen
Sixteen
Fourteen
and so on
can't wait
clear the way
no more hurt
no more tears
just blue skies
pristine
beaches
without you
and your
disfigured ways
grotesque character
breaking away
free
I am
one last word
gotta say
here it comes
Eighteen


No comments:

Post a Comment