Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Left In, Out

Left In, Out
by Maureen Ucles

Left in,
Left out
makes me wanna
scream
yeah you got it
just wanna
shout
out loud
AAAAHHHHH!

Makes no sense
not in the least
these decisions
 left in
 mostly, 
mostly... out


Why me?
What have I done?
Left it all on the floor
blood, sweat and tears
but...
but do you care?
not in the least
no time
can't find a crease
in which to fall
tumbling down
like John Cougar Mellancamp
so far
 descending
into the depths


Left in,
Left out,
abandoned
on this barren black top
baking in the cruel Sun
unforgiving
relentless
you won't stop
leave
my thoughts alone
on my last nerve
but why?
What have I done?

Like my dad 
always said
Work hard
put it all out there
things will fall 
into place
not this time
nah
slap in my face
spittle to replace
my feelings, pride, dignity
can't understand
stupid
idiotic
insipid
hideous
heinous
crime scene

Left in...left out
I need to
 let go
forge a new path
I'm
 toast
burnt to a crisp
left in...thrown out
keep quiet
SHHH!
Not a word
rock this boat
Me?
Ima
Scapegoat extraordinaire
nobody

But...
Not givin' in
nunca
jamas
about to
rise above
snatch 
 rebound
two hands
take it up strong
slam dunk
in your face
POSTERIZED!
as I
run down the court
Look ahead
No problem
 Like Old Man Riverwalk
Timmy Duncan
All business
 I master
the disguise
hidden
maybe a little wise
Truth be told
Can't stand to look at you
The utter sight
brings chills down my spine
stomach churns
You're
a polar vortex
frigid
and...
not worth
my time
thoughts
nada

Gonna
flee
this tired, sorry scene
evacuate
confiscate
then
librarme
de este
  stinkin'
disturbance
currently
downgraded from
category five
to a 
tropical wave
or posiblemente
not a cloud
in the bluest
skies
Why?

I'm
gone
steppin'
moving forward
got my momentum
groove's on
No looking back 
Left in?
You kidding me, right?
I'm out!
Hasta la vista!
Adios!
Bye-bye!
Out of here!
See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment