Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Hit the Pause Button

Today I am stuck in my car with a few minutes to spare.  I could have just hunkered down and returned to my two reads When Kids Can’t Read by Kylene Beers and Donalyn Miller’s Reading in the Wild.  I decided instead to go ahead and write. I cannot get wifi where I am so, why let these thoughts escape me never to return. Not doing it.  Instead, I am sitting here in 30 degree weather cranking out a post to be read later. Time to write, reflect and place my life on pause.

I have decided that I need to try to post daily on my blog and other places.  Why?  Because it is just plain good for my soul.  Writing causes me to sit down and be introspective.  That, at times, is hard because of the pace of my life.  Sometimes I cannot remember what I did the previous day.  Everything is a blur.  Why is that?  Too many things going on.  Too much drama for your mama, to be quite frank.  The thoughts in my head are endless.  Being stuck in traffic allows me to mull over conversations and happenings that day, along with my to do list. I never have the opportunity to write them down. So as a result, they become stagnant or lost.

Allowing myself some down time, through writing, helps me keep things straight.  I do happen to love to write and that helps.  My problem is that I sometimes do not know just what I want to write about. If only, I could take those traffic moments and capture them immediately in a blog.  That would be a great use of my time. If only, if only...time to stop wondering and put this train on the tracks!
Here I sit in my car, typing away.  I am sipping on my hot coffee and thinking about my day to come.  Who will I meet?  What conversations will I strike up?  Will they be deep conversations or shallow ones?  I prefer the meaningful type being that I am an introvert.  Will my day end peacefully or full of craziness? That remains to be experienced.  Vamos a ver lo que pasa.  We will see what happens today.


Today is Ash Wednesday. It is a kick off for Lent.  Lent is a time for introspection and change. For this Lent, I will try to take the time to be more introspective and slow my life down.  I would like to let things go and let the drama pass me by for some other fool.  I want to learn to exhale and enjoy the time that I do have.  We will see how it goes. Quite possibly reflecting through writing, will be an instrument that I need to make sense of things and bring greater joy into my life. So there it is, my Lenten journey will include writing every day in some type of way.  It is, after all, the journey that counts, not the destination.  I may never get to the final destination, but the journey will show me much how I need to be a better human being in a world that won’t stop moving! Writing, my way of slowing down and pausing.  Life on pause…not mute.

No comments:

Post a Comment