Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, September 4, 2015

Fridays Are Always Welcome

I woke up a little later than I usually do in the morning. I panicked a little until I realized...hey, it's Friday. Friday means the end of the work week. It means Saturday is near... the beginning of slumber without the stress of morning traffic and being rushed. Friday means that I can relax and take in life, a little at time. Friday means that the Egg and I is not far away. I cannot wait to eat there tomorrow morning. Usually, I will go with a colleague or two. This Saturday, however, is special. My daughter is in town and we will get to go to our favorite breakfast place for the weekend. There I will see my favorite Egg and I people. They always great me with a smile and they know me by name. (Sounds like Cheers!)

I look forward to this three day weekend too. I need to catch up on a few things and to go shopping with my daughter. Books are what I have on my mind. I think I will stop by Angel's Attic. It is a thrift store that has very cheap children's books. I will peruse them for sure. Finally, we will go to some coffee shop to get caught up on some work. She has plenty of school work and I have to prep for next week's classes.

This week was so good. I really am enjoying my new role as a classroom teacher. I love the camaraderie of my team and school. My work environment is wonderful. I send out some props to my team this week. The school and my team make coming to work a pleasure. Sure it is all work, but a great collaborative work. Thanks to everyone at my school, I very much enjoy coming to work everyday.

To end my school day today, I took my class to the computer area of the library. Again, my friend and colleague Angelique was there for me. We team taught the lesson together. I set up a Google Form for my students. It was a reading preferences and habits survey. When they went to use the computers, they were able to access the form and begin answering. They were so excited to answer the survey and to send me an email. Iam looking forward to reading their responses. This will be fun. Once I get some devices in my room, then I can do more of this type of thing. I hope to see which tools they know how to use.  I would like to introduce them to more.

As my students were lining up and leaving my classroom today, one boy reached over and hugged me. That was a surprise. I guess he really liked working on the computers and was expressing his gratitude. After that, a few girls came over and hugged me. I wished them a great weekend. Fourth grade is such a sweet grade to teach. The students are so very kind and caring. As I cleaned
As I readied to go home today, I felt totally exhausted. I was greeted by a smiling face at my classroom door. It was my sweet daughter. She hugged me and I hugged her tight. It was so great to see her again. Life is good. Fridays always bring a welcome surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment