Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Egg and I, McDonald's Time Out, and Procrastination-In A Writing State of Mind

All day I have been in a writing kind of mood. I never know when it will hit me, but this week, I have been dying to get to writing.  I have other things to do like grading a thousand notebooks and changing out kitty litter, but for some reason, I just don't want to do them now. Not now. I have lesson plans to work on and I need to go to the store to buy some food for next week. I need to wash some clothes and clean up the house a bit. I don't want to do any of these things. All I want to do is write.

I want to write about straws. I want to write about the lady who refused her food in the McDonald's drive through last night. I just have to tell this story. It has got to come out. I don't know what was wrong with the lady's order, but a young drive through attendant kept giving back the lady's McDonald bag to her. The lady, in turn, returned it back to the attendant. It was like patty cake. I was hoping that they weren't giving her my order. Then after a number of attempts to please this unhappy customer, the attendant sent the poor soul to time out. She had to drive over to the double lined yellow parking area of the parking lot. I saw the flustered teen just point to the time out area. Oh, how I hate the time out area! This area is for people who order something off of the menu. Maybe they want special treatment like ordering eggs with cheese instead of getting the humunga-chunga big breakfast that is carb addict's greatest pleasure. There's so much bread in there to cure world hunger. There is a biscuit and fifteen thousand hot cakes. They have time to make all of that, but if you order just eggs with cheese on top...well...you go to the time out jail and you will not collect the hot cakes or biscuits. They even have dunce cap cones to show everyone what happens when you order off the menu. I suspect that is what happened to this unsuspecting woman. It was dinner time though. I wonder what she dared to order for dinner. Maybe she went crazy and ordered a Big Mac without the bun!  Uh-oh! No, she didn't!  Who knows?   I said to myself in the car, You know, you gotta write about this! I do talk to myself in the car. No one can hear this constant conversation with me, myself, and I. It is fun!  Shhh! Don't tell anyone.

I also want to write about how I am mad at The Egg and I. Yes, I said it. I am mad at The Egg and I and I haven't been over to eat there for two weekends straight. I love the normal people who work at Egg and I. When they bring in someone who quotes corporate lines, I think of The Office and all the red tape and hardship that it causes.  I have been going to Egg and I for about 3 years. I keep that place in business. Every time I have gone there, I order fruit and ask them to not put cantaloupe in the fruit assortment cup. I am allergic to it. Every sweet person that has waited on me has never ever had a problem or even thought of charging me extra for doing this. NEVER! I went to Egg and I about two to three weeks ago. I asked this new waitress to give me a fruit cup without cantaloupe and pineapple. Pineapple has been added to the list of banned substances. I think I have an an ulcer and it hurts my stomach to eat it. She told me that she would have to give me an up charge. I said, What? An up charge? I have been coming here for three years now and I have never been given an up charge. She told me that she had to do it. I was in total shock. Why did they start doing this now? She told me that she had to do it. I told her to forget about it and just to bring me the eggs. Then a new manager lady, one who I had  never ever seen there, proceeds to come over and talk to me more about it. I told her the same spiel. She mentioned the word Corporate. Corporate has told us...I wonder if corporate can do without my business. I wonder if corporate would like for me to go to IHop. I wonder if they even care about loyal customers who bring lots of guests with them to Egg and I.  I can do without corporate and I can do without Egg and I...for now. I want to find a way to write corporate a letter and see if they want to lose me over a few pieces of cantaloupe and pine apple. Why did a few people have to ruin such a great place? The regulars are the reason why I would go there so much. I went there every weekend practically. I loved the ladies who greeted me with smile and said, How are you doing lady? I had lots of conversations with them all. That was a part of Egg and I's charm. It felt like home. Now, with the corporate being brought in, it feels like lots of lawyers in black suits in a sanitized hospital. Not comfortable at all. Sad, so sad!

One of the ladies who works at Egg and I told me she was reprimanded for calling customers honey or babe or sweetie or sunshine. She told me that some anally retentive guy got mad at her for calling him honey. He reported her to the manager. I wonder if it was the corporate manager. It doesn't feel like home anymore. These people are taking the nicety out of my favorite breakfast place. Why? Why?

I guess this is why I have been dying to write lately.  It is my way to vent and get all of this pent up material to fly. I have been sitting on this for quite some time. Phew! Now I feel better. Now onto kitty litter, laundry, notebooks, and shopping. Glad I got that out of the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment