In place of the post that I intended and no longer have the energy to write, I shall suplant it with a top ten list. What top ten list? The top ten reasons I am where I am.
The Top Ten Reasons Why I Love My Job
(in no particular order of importance)
- The people. The people with whom I work are first-class caring and fun individuals. (From the office staff, administration, teams of extremely dedicated teachers, and awesome students and parents.) They make coming to work each day a pleasure. Great people! Great place to work!
- If I am an early bird, I get the worm and a great parking spot. I am always super early. I like my parking place. I enjoy getting to work sometimes before Lisa Calloway. That's not always possible, but I like to rag her on. I text her: Where are you? I am here in the parking lot.
- There's a Burger King a skip and a jump away. (My breakfast stop.)
- El Gallo is two skips and a jump away. (I never get to go there, though, except for dinner.)
- I get to wear JEANS! I sometimes get to wear JEANS! TWO DAYS A WEEK I GET TO WEAR JEANS! I haven't worn jeans to work for seven long years! Now it's twice a week!
- I get to wear teacher t-shirts! I get to wear teacher t-shirts with inspirational quotes and saying for the kids to read and be inspired. They really like my new subject related t-shirts. They even wanted to buy their own. Thanks to Amazon and Zazzle.com, I found some doozies!
- The school t-shirts are off the chain! They are so nice this year. I don't usually like yellow, but the light bulb design is some kind of special!
- I have real windows and natural light in my classroom. I haven't had real windows for seven long years. Siberia comes to mind in my previous job. No natural light. Maybe it could compare it to living in Antarctica. Now I feel like I am in Jamaica, Mon!
- I get to work with some serious nerds. The techie people are awesome. It is great to have some great techie talk and get some ideas rolling!
- My class makes my daily commute and early morning worth it! I love working with my class. Everyday I thank the good Lord for my students and their caring parents. They bring a smile to my face and are inspirational! Thanks everyone!
There you have it! Five weeks in and my top ten list. I have a feeling that there might be other things that top this list a month from now. Can't wait!