Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Forty Book Challenge Student and Teacher Testimony

The school year ends tomorrow. I wanted to share the footage that I collected the past two weeks from my students. It took me four hours to create this video. I am so excited to share with you the year long journey of reading. My students self selected their books this year. They share book recommendations with each other, wrote literacy letters, shared their love of reading, and learned to read from different genres. This is their year long reading journey. I based my research using Abydos Reading Week and Donalyn Miller's Reading in the Wild. I interviewed my students and asked them about the 40 Book Challenge. I was amazed at their responses. They have become wild readers and writers. I hope you enjoy the video and feel free to share with anyone who you think might benefit from knowing about the forty book challenge and the power of reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment