Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Forty Book Challenge

Here are some photos that I took of my students at the end of the school year. They were very proud to take the Forty Book Challenge. Many of them met the challenge. Some did not, but they read more than they ever thought possible. They became wild readers. That is what is most important. After reading Donalyn Miller's Book Reading in the Wild, I felt inspired to take the Forty Book Challenge and to use some of her ideas to share with my class this year. It has been a great journey. In addition to Donalyn's book, I used many ideas from Abydos Reading Week. These book are based on solid classroom research.























No comments:

Post a Comment