Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, October 27, 2014

Estrellita-Star Gazing

I brought this one back from last September and have revised it un poco.  Hope you like it!
Translanguaging is Fun!


Estrellita-STAR GAZING
By Maureen Ucles

Twinkle, twinkle
Little star
Got me wonderin'
Estrellita
Where you are
Out in space
Light years away
Just twinkling
All the way...
to the bank?
¿Cómo no?

Hardly...
Twinkling here
Twinkling there
Twinkling
Just twinkling
for whom?
For what?
Seems all full
of nothingness
Nebulous
Ya know?

Someone said,
Hey!
If you twinkle
just a little
in the night
More will come
But alas--
Only in a field
Of dreams
My dreams
forfeited
abandoned
left with an
outstanding
balance
in red
In far right field
No man's land
dreams
unrealized
obliterated
admonished
deferred
Put on hold
I've
Thrown in the towel
Head bowed
Helpless
hopeless
for the moment,
at least

Twinkle, twinkle
Como brillas tú
Tan contenta
Little star
Estrellita
Got me wonderin'
So far—
Out there
In the distance
Oblivious to the day
That I might just
UP and WALK
Away
Wish it were
Today
Right now
This instance
Tonight
Great time to
take flight
Just might
You trippin'?
No...
Hardly

Twinkle, twinkle
It's a nova
Nebulae
Hits me
Right in my eye
In between
Primal scream
Out of
of my mind
heart and soul
Estrellita
Ayudame
por favorito
C'mon please!

Twinkle, Twinkle
You got the ansa?
to my ponderings
chalk full of wonderins'
Trying to find some meaning
Meaning
Beyond belief

Re-placed
Re-moved
Re-jected
by a twinkle, twinkle
from someone else's star
Estrellita!
all these years
sweat, blood and some tears
for what?
Some things
Some place
Some  thoughts
Worth it all?
Tal vez
Depende
¿Quién sabe?
but makes me not
so so encantada
escuchar las noticias
now I
got a fistful of thanks
from first class
into the tank
Por favorcito
going through my
hands like water
escaping through a
sieve
being vetted for
the last time
spent


So sorry... so sad
over and over
reverberating in my mind
Pink slip delivered
UPS or DHL?
tristemente
in an ugly ole brown bag
open it up
Nah!

A  little later
más tardecito
Ahorita voy
Can't bare the news
Can deal with it all
what I'm goin' through
WHATEVER
Movin' on
Vaya pues
To a theatre near you
Twinkle, Twinkle
mi Estrellita
ya no existe
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment