Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

TABE and Two Thousand

Here I am at TABE in McAllen Texas!  I am loving being here tonight.  I am especially blessed to have had such great company at dinner.  It seems that my past is catching up with my present lately.  Not only did a wonderful Hondurena remember me from the Peace Corps, but I got to have dinner with a renowned bilingual professor as Dr. Josefina Tinajero from UTEP.  I studied at UTEP in the 90's and she was a my professor for two classes.  I remember the respect that she garnered among the bilingual educators. I thought that I would be nervous sitting next to her. That wasn't the case tonight.  I wasn't nervous at all.  I was completely myself.  I felt as if I was home again.  I guess being at TABE brings me back to my roots in El Paso where I first fell in love with bilingual education and teaching our beautiful bilinguals.  It brings me back to me!

In addition to that, this new blog that was born from www.justwritebaby1.blogspot.com is flourishing. This is my 2,000 page view and it could not have happened at a better time than at TABE.  I will continue to post more and more.  I hope my sessions go well tomorrow.  I am so tired, after driving 6 hours and going non stop.  I love being here and being a bilingual educator.  Shout it to the world!  Soy bilingue y orgullosa.  I want all bilinguals including students, parents and teachers to say, "Somos bilingues y orgullosos."  We count!  We have much to contribute and say in many ways.  Mucho que decir y expresar!  Ya nos vamos!

No comments:

Post a Comment