Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, April 22, 2016

No Rain In The Forecast....Poetry in the Parking Lot




















In honor of National Poetry Month, I will attempt a poem in the parking lot of my school. Here I go.




Poetry in the Parking Lot

By Maureen Ucles

Travis Herzog says
No rain today
Thank goodness
The world rejoices
Well, at least
Houston


I am happy
Composing
Poetry in the parking lot
Peering into creamless coffee
UGH!
I ordered eight creams!
Mickey D's mistake
Hard to drink
But no rain today
SO...
I am good

Time to go
Face the day
Think about
this poem
Not too bad
Honestly?
Not too good either
HOWEVER, no rain today
SO...
Everything is grand

Poem is almost finished
Loading
Onto my phone
SO...
much fun  to create
on a day
such as this
In the parking lot--
Poetry in all places
Including--
but not limited to
the parking lot




No comments:

Post a Comment