Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Where's My Plant?-From the Archives for National Poetry Month

Okay I am going to try to take the Poem a Day Challenge.  The information below can start you out.  Please click on the link below:


Here's my stab!  I guess I owe two.  I'll post the next one.  Let's see where it goes!

Where Is Your Plant?

By Maureen Ucles
Dedicated to the Green Thumb, Ro Luecken

Where's your plant?
Sez Ro
Ya know
The one I gave you
For Christmas
So...?????

I think to myself,
"I dunno"

I dunno
where that plant
may have
landed

In the trunk?
In the closet?
In the garage?
In the trash?
On a shelf?
Spilling over?
Who knows?


Who knows?
I dunno
Where that plant
Resides
Definitely feel
the chide
a little chill
inside
Dunno...

Poor, pitiful plant
Left it
some place,
some time
two weeks,
two months,
two years?
Tooo  loooonnngg!
Ago
Forgotten
Absent

No water,
No Sun
No attention
No time
None!
No care
To surround
That sorry, sorry
Plant

Poor plant
Decimated Ro
What to do now?

Where is your plant?
She sez again

Take a picture.
Lost my Polaroid
A few years,
months,
millenniums
back

My smart phone?
That thing?
Naahhh!
It has dementia
Won't function
Like my brain
I dunno

My daughter
Three cats
Two spoiled dogs
And a hamster named Lily
Plants?
Time?
Really?

The pl-ant?
Your plant?
Dunno
Can't find it
The memory
escapes me
Like....
I dunno
Please don't ask
Not again
Poor, poor
Plant

What kind?
Don't recall
It has leaves
It's sort of green
Kind of  Bamboo
Or a Cactus?
Maybe
Who knows?
I dunno



Dunno now!
Oh no....
I'm caught!
In a trap
'Tween a rock
and a Eucalyptus
No alibi
for me
Oh snap!
 Ro knows
I dunno!

No comments:

Post a Comment