Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, April 22, 2016

Sounds of School

Sounds of School

If you can hear the sound
of my voice
clap once
If you can hear the sound 
of my voice
clap twice

Hasn't anyone ever thought
of thrice?
Or maybe you can quartile that one

The sound of restroom lines
Drinking water from a fountain
dumping trays of plastic
every now and then 
a spill of 
cucumber
milk
rice


The endless whistles
and bells
Attendance!
Attendance!
I am attending 
to be honest
with you
Then there is the
perpetual
phone calls
in the middle 
the moment
that teachable
 moment

Hello
Could you send
blah, blah, blah 
to the office
they are going home!

The sounds of voices
SHHHH!
Recess
running
jumping
then the pollen
sneezing
Can I go to the restroom?
Happens a billion times over

Then the bell
Final bell
If you can hear the sound of my voice
clap...
Yeah, I got it!
Twice
When will you say thrice?

No comments:

Post a Comment