Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Left In, Left Out! Revisited

I wrote a poem called Left In, Left Out sometime last year. It is great to go back and see what I was thinking and feeling. At that time last year, I experienced complete frustration and disillusionment. There were many things pulling at me and I  tried to make sense of it through my poetry. Boy, what a difference a year makes! Thank God Almighty, I have been set free! I tried to take my poem from last year and revise it, based on time and its ability to heal all wounds. Here's my poor attempt at doing that! Writing is so cathartic.

Left In, Out-Gone!
by Maureen Ucles

Left in,
Left out
Year later
found my place
made me wanna
scream
now
a whisper
Can you hear me
now?
You?
Don't really care
anymore
in the least
have
time to chill
learning how
peace


Makes no sense
not in the least
these decisions
 left in
 mostly, 
mostly... out
But it's okay
as I peer into
my present
without ya
 another place
feels safe
staying here


Why me?
What had I done?
Left it all on the floor
but...
don't care anymore
you're removed
by
smiling faces
appreciations
brilliant minds



Left in...left out
 gone
 let go
forged a new path
for me
with others

Left this
 tired, 
sorry
 scene
evacuated
gone
moving forward
my momentum
wind at my back
Like Stella,
got my groove 
Left in?
I'm out!
Adios!
Bye-bye!

Not to be continued,

No comments:

Post a Comment