Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Making Lemonade

Making Lemonade-Revisited

By Maureen Ucles

Lemonade, Lemonade
Sitting on a makeshift table
please come forth
make yourself known
with your acidity
pH factor
so sour, sour
sourrowful

Lemonade, Lemonade
Sitting in the hot,
hot Summer Sun
Not too tart
Not too sweet
better than Country Time
Hand made
squeezed, squeezed
to perfection
guts and all
completely spent
sprinkled with
a little zest

Lemonade, lemonade
How many lemons  
gone and sacrificed
for you?
A few seeds 
seeped through
ice cold
to the touch
while you simmer
I muse
peer into...

Lemonade, Lemonade
was it worth it all?
Countless lemons
used and abused
peel and all
thrown away
forgotten
Worth the effort?
Blood, sweat, and tears?
So many years
devoted to
the making
of...of
you
For today
gone tomorrow
fleeting
 sweet, sweet
sorrow
to behold
if only
for an 
instant

Lemonade, Lemonade
Can you make it here?
Can you make it there?
Does anyone really 
care?
Cool winds  
blowing
breeze
showing
me knowing...
I,
 like you
making
lemonade

Lemonade, Lemonade
givin' up--
no more fear
Hey,
ya never know
could be
new frontiers?
Peering through
crystal prisms
new points of view
after endless
slamming of doors
windows are
 wide open
my soul's 
a' searching
me perching
lookin' in
ain't no sin
just me
drinking it up
my life
my lemonade
Ahhh!





No comments:

Post a Comment