Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, September 15, 2014

Gretchen Bernabei Is Coming To SBISD!

Come one, come all!  Did you hear the news?  Gretchen Bernabei is coming to Spring Branch this Friday and Saturday.  She will be presenting her research and practical applications to writing.  If you haven't been to one workshop on writing, then you really need to attend this workshop.  I have been in attendance at several of her workshops.  None of them disappoint.  I walk away renewed, motivated and with several new teaching tools.  She is totally laid back and engaging.  I love her humor and benefit from her wealth of experiences.  Take advantage of this opportunity.

Gretchen's books are also very, very helpful.  You can find them on Amazon and at QEP Professional Books.  I have used a lot of her resources from Crunchtime, Reviving the Essay, The Story of My Thinking and Fun Sized Academic Writing For Serious Learning and her blogs.






She will be also coming to Houston on October 6th at the Norris Center.  Go to this link to find out more: Gretchen's Houston Workshop

 She has two blogs that are very helpful. See below.

Bernabei Writing Tools
Trail of Breadcrumbs

I wasn't paid for this endorsement.  I believe in her work and it has made a great difference in my work and passion for teaching writing.  If you get a chance to experience one of her workshops, you will be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Maureen, I'll have your check ready for you when I see you on Friday. No wait...your payment's in the form of coffee...or was that chai tea? I forget what you drink. So we'll have to go with the default, chocolate! Seriously, thanks for the glowing validation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee with extra heavy whipping cream will do! Great! Can't wait to see you on Friday. Lots to share! I know you will have so many great ideas to share. You never, ever disappoint!

    ReplyDelete