Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Somebody's Watching Me

I have got that song by Maxwell ringing in my ears.  Michael Jackson is blaring singing, I always feel like somebody's watching me and I have no privacy.   When I was in high school, I wrote all the words down that I could decifer from the song.  I listened to it over and over again!  I thought it was very cool and funny. Obviously it was about someone being quite paranoid.  I love to read poetry and songs about how people are feeling and some dabble in hyperbole.  No matter how much gross exaggeration that they exhibit, there is a little truth to what they are saying.  When I write some of my poetry, I too waller in some serious hyperbole and I try to stay true to the character that I am in, at the time. It is like an outer body experience.  It is as if I become another person.  It is rather fun.
.
I do wonder, when people read my poetry, what people think.  Sometimes I can get into what I am saying and some would say that it is depressing or dark.  When I wrote just shoot me, I wasn't serious about impaling me.  No, I am not into that kinda pain. I am into humor and using it to show how I might feel.  I acquired this from my childhood neighbor Kat Porter.  She was the queen of hyperbole and oh boy was her vocabulary quite extensive.  She was the funniest and greatest story teller that I had the good fortune of knowing.  She captivated me with her stories and made me laugh until my stomach hurt.  I think she missed her calling in life. Actually she had nine children that were completely mesmerized by her words and sense of humor.  Many of her kids  know how to laugh and tell some serious jokes.
Just shoot me came out of uncomfortable and boring situations like being in the doctor's office and having to watch the same I Love Lucy reruns for the thousandth time or waiting interminably in line at the Post Office.  These situations drive me batty.  I cannot wait until these moments pass.  It is pure torture.

So you will see in my posts different stances, different characters and situations being brought to life.  I like to use humor and I also like to be dead serious too.  I don't want to have to worry about people watching me and wondering if I am talking about them, except for my mom.  I want my mom to read my posts.  I think she would like them.  I want to be able to write what I think and feel with abandon.  I don't want to feel like somebody's watching me or be like the paranoid person in Who Can It Be Now by the Men at Work.  Just don't wanna be shut down and shut up.  Naw!  Who can it be now?



No comments:

Post a Comment