Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day-Scream-No Rest for the Weary!

I tried not to labor today.  You are not supposed to Labor on Labor Day.  If that is true then why do people at work always send out emails?  I feel obliged to answer them, but I really don't want to because it is Labor Day.
I think that we should not have to answer any emails or answer any texts about work until Monday morning, if it is the weekend.  Otherwise we should be able to log all the extra time of taking phone calls, texts and answering email outside of work.  I am trying not to do this on weekends, week nights and before work.  I haven't been successful, as I am working on backing up some files right now from an old computer.  I also have answered a few emails and read some today.  When will it ever stop???? When?  When?  When?  Not today on Labor Day.  That is for sure!
Makes me wanna scream!  Can't we just enjoy some time without WORK, WORK, WORK invading our lives?  WORK! WORK! WORK! Makes me wanna die!  WORK, WORK, WORK!  No satisfaction, too demanding!  WORK, WORK, WORK your fingers to the bone!  WORK! WORK! WORK!  Getta away from me!  Work, work don't you invade my soul!

Will post more later......

Poem starting to hit after I took a gander at Michael Jackson's old song Scream!  Sort of crazy, but sometimes, that is how I feel.  Need one more Labor Day free from WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment