Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, August 29, 2014

Just Shoot Me

Have you ever been put on hold, in a mind numbing meeting, stuck in traffic or waited in line at the the DMV?  Ever been so bored out your mind from so much meaningless talk, talk, talk?  So meaningless that you sympathize with Charlie Brown in his school days?  This was one of those days, weeks, and years?.  I was put on hold, listened to an automated system for hours, and had to wait in line for far too long this week.  Meetings?  My life is an interminable meeting.

I will divulge the whisperings of a poem that begged for release. I just stopped and let it come out.  It goes a little something like this:

Just Shoot Me


Shoot me,
Shoot me,
Shoot me,
Please
Would you be so kind?
Just put me
out, out
 of my misery
How about--
Erase my mind?
PLEASE
I can't keep it in
volcanic eruption
summons
Just too 
stinking much
Gotta get away
far, far away



Impale me
Flail me
You might as well
Just sell me 
PLEASE!
Send me straight 
Just jail me
sprinkle salt 
in my wounds
with freshly squeezed
lemon and lime
Would you do me that favor?
No reason or rhyme
Don't have the time?
Ugghh!



Words
 nonsense
talking heads
this and that
 way too much
yada, yada, yada
blah, blah, blah
entrenched in
nothingness
 nada

Unlock the door
Set me free
Can't ya see? 
Get me out
Pretty please!

No! 
Not again!
Can we get this over?
PLEASE!
I'm begging YOU!
C'mon
Take me away!
In your Benz
Hummer or Landrover

Gotta get away
Anywhere
but here
Anytime
would be fine
How about now?
JUST SHOOT ME
Do it quickly!



No comments:

Post a Comment