Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, August 15, 2014

Meet Mom

Meet My Mom-Notre Dame's Number One Fan!

Don't you just like snapping some photos?  I have found it to be so much fun, especially when it's connected to writing.  I could go any where I want with  writing.  I could cross genres!  Shhhh!!! Don't tell anyone!  It will be our little secret, right?  Nahhh!  Genres cross all the time....it's called the blending son, blending!  So any how, I am going to posts these pics and then write about them.  I was thinking of  kernel I was exploring at an inservice the other day.  I was writing about a favorite activity.  That day I wrote about watching Notre Dame play football.  My four brothers all played high school football for Notre Dame High School. Onward to victory!   It is only fitting that I became a Notre Dame football fan right in my mother's womb!  I love my dear mother and she at 80 years and pico was able to go see the University of Notre Dame play against the Purdue Boilermakers. She traveled all the way from Cincinnati with my three brothers Greg, Tim and Joe to South Bend, Indiana.  This was her first time to be at Fighting Irish game, besides the many years she took up residence at Spartan Stadium, in Portsmouth, Ohio.  She faithfully cheered on her 4 boys, as they played on hot fall evenings, to rain drenched games, all under the lights of   historic Spartan Stadium.  Now she took up residence in South Bend, watching her beloved Irish win a close one against Purdue.  There's much to write about and much to consider!  I love my mom!  She's the best mom any one could have!  Anyone!  No, she won't cheer for anyone else but the Notre Dame! She won't even consider cheering for the Ohio State Buckeyes.  I have a hard time even writing about that fact. Everyone from Ohio is a Buckeye Fan.  Everyone,  except for my mom.  I consider this complete and utter blasphemy. She's totally loyal to the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. She bleeds blue and gold(or green).  Since she's my mom, I'll forgive her Ohio State slight!  Even against Michigan?  I am not sure about that one. I think she might cheer for the Bucks!  Hang on Sloopy, Sloopy hang on!  Here's some pics I'd like to share!  Meet my dear mother Betty!  No better fan, no better mother! No way, no how!  Gotta love her!  Trust me, I do!  Love you mom!  Go Irish!

The University of Notre Dame's Number One Fan!  Go Irish!  September, 2012

View from the seats in Notre Dame Stadium-Onward to Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment