Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Slip Sliding Away!

I had a schedule or routine so embedded into my mind that I wouldn't stray from it. The operative word is had.  I want to get back to it. It is not that I want to, but it is more like I have to. When I am working out consistently, that I feel better.  When I am eating real food, I feel better.  So why would I stray from something that is good for me?  Temptation, convenience, lack of organization and stress.  I loved being on vacation in Ohio.  The weather was absolutely perfect for me to walk everyday.  I loved being out in the mornings and evenings.  Low, low, low humidity and decent temperatures made a way for me to easily go and walk.  I also adored the rolling hills.  Beautiful.
Fast forward to Houston.  Yea, Houston.  Humidity, temperatures in high 90's daily and no time. I made a way from January-June.  I was consistent. I was religiously consistent with exercise and eating healthy.  I have to get back to that time.  I can't let traffic, long work hours, and stress get in the way. In fact, if I get back to it, I will have more energy, purpose and my body and brain will thank me.  I did this, somewhat yesterday.  I ate reasonably well.  I had no process foods and I exercised at Planet Fitness.  I came home from Planet Fitness feeling great!  I exercised on the elliptical for 35 minutes and used two ab machines doing reps of 20, three times each. I did the same with the legs and some what for my upper body. I am sore today and it feels good.
I stood on my scale today.  I needed a reality check. I have been avoiding the scales since I ate horribly at several times at Whataburger. I could eat at Whataburger but skip the fries and bread.   I have done that before.  So I am going to go lower card now.  I want to get back.  My clothes didn't lie to me, as some were fitting snug. The scale confirmed why.  I didn't regain a 100 pounds but I have gained close to 5 back. I don't want to slide any further.  Getting back to it, one step and good food choice at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment