Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, August 9, 2014

What? By Maureen Ucles

What?

I said what?
What you say?
I say what?
Can't quite hear ya
Too much static
No I am not there
In my attic
trying to find some
peace without...
I said what?
Don't know what to say
To respond to you

I said what?
Can't listen?
Got cotton in my ears
Hear you?
Please
I put you 
officially 
on mute!

I said what?
Can't do this anymore
sportin' my Bose buds
Noise cancelling?
Ever heard of them?
What?
Volume is maxed out
What?
Do I look as if?
No
No
I don't care

I said what?
Leave me alone
stop flapping those
gums
Don't cha get it?
I am not hearing 
endearing 
befriending you

What?
Shut the door
Go on out
Lock the door
 Throw away the key
Leave me
Just leave me
be

Read my lips
taxing?
Don't want
Can't take
Not fakin'
For real
Get going
I'm deaf

Sign language?
I am blind
Text to talk?
No bars
the battery is dead
didn't pay the electric bill
The lights are out
No one is home!
I am evicted
No return address?
No return at all
Left the planet
live on the moon
No
don't visit
can't hear you 
No air
Remember?
You still here?
C'mon now


Said what?
Paying you no mind
No offense
taken
given
I am invisible
Yesterday's news
Gone, gone, gone
What?
Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment