Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, August 11, 2014

Moving Is So Hard To Do!

In addition to moving things from my blog Just Write Baby to this blog, I am currently in a holding pattern in my work.  I took about 3 days to move my books and things from my office. I moved myself and my things to another office in a school.  Those days I walked about fifteen miles. Phew! Finally I was moved in and quite happy to be back in a school setting.  Then. after a month and a week, I was given some news.  It could have been good or bad.  It would depend on the slant and viewpoint.  The news was that I had to move back to my office.  Okay, no problem, I thought.  I was a little unnerved because I was so looking forward to being in a school environment.  I could feel the energy of students and teachers.  Then I thought of the other side of the coin.  More exercise.  But...but in this Houston Summer heat?  I am making lemonade and will be moving in about three weeks from.

I feel that I am in a holding pattern.  My new office, in the same building, has no desk or bookcase. I desperately need a book case.  I have a thousand or more books.  I cannot do my job without professional and children's books.  This is where I am.  I picked out a handsome desk at a warehouse and a long bookcase.  The problem with that is I am not sure if it will fit in my new living situation.  There is one thing for sure, the next move I may make might just be out of the door and onto new horizons.  Moving can be a good thing, but it should be peppered with time and not in a month in a half increment.  Such is life!  Lemonade!  Lemonade!


Making Lemons
by Maureen Ucles

Lemonade 
sitting by the stand
please come forth
with your acidity
ph factor
so sour, sour, sourful

Lemonade sitting in the sunlight
not too tart
not too sweet
better than Country Time
Hand made
over time
squeezed, squeezed
guts and all
juiced and filled
with zest

Lemonade, Lemonade
how many lemons are you?
Replete with a few seeds
that escaped the squeeze
ice chilling
almost ready
to freeze
while you juice
I muse
peer into...

Lemonade, Lemonade
was it worth it all?
you are gone 
spent
peels thrown in the trash
the blood, sweat and tears?
So many years
yet...
impaled
torn
breached
yet
so
sweet


Lemonade, Lemonade
can you make it here?
Can you make it there?
Does anyone ever
seem to care?
Winds blowing
Breeze showing
Me knowing...
I
like you,
making
Lemonade

Lemonade
giving it up--
releasing the fear
hey,
never know
new frontier
prancing and dancing
seeing 
through crystal prisms
 different 
views
doors, window
closed, opened
my
souls  a searching
me perching
lookin' in
Ain't no sin
Just drinking it up
my life
my lemonade
Ahhh!
Hits the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment