Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, August 11, 2014

Notebook Know How By Aimee Buckner

I was reading through Aimee Buckner's book called Notebook Know How Strategies for Writer's Notebook. It is a very easy read. I like Aimee's honesty and how she writes.  You can tell she is a classroom teacher that wants to be the best for her students.  She writes about her experiences with the writer's notebook.  I will write more, when  I have read more. When I have read more, I will write.

I started this book a couple of years ago, now I am revisiting it.  I like her candor and her quotes from different authors. That is why I picked it up. I wanted to quote her in one of my presentations. Reading through it again, with a different lens, is very refreshing. I do not want to put it down.  I want to read it 'til the cows come home.  Since I own not one cow, I could read it for quite a while.  I recommend this books to all educators.  It is freeing to listen to her approach.  I totally agree with it.  Students need to own their own notebook.  They/we need to find our voice in the discipline of writing everyday.  That is is one reason why I have this blog.  It is my digital notebook. You could say it is my Vitagummy.  One shot a day or more will make me a better writer.   Like Austin Kleon says, "You can't find your voice if you don't use it!"  I must be speaking very loud then!  Hear my voice! I am trying to find it! Notebook Know How is a must read!  Must, must, must, must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment