Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, August 15, 2014

Migraine

Migraine Headache

                                                         by Maureen Ucles
I feel a headache
coming on
dizzy

I feel a headache
very strong
gotta sit
down

Light sensitivity
Lights
Prism like lights
stretching
blurring
my vision
gotta
rest

I feel a migraine
creeping in
closing my eyes
head down
leave me
be

I feel the  migraine
blaring
blaring
 it's ugly 
head
mind numbing
throbbing
throbbing
pain
migraine

I feel a migraine
taking hold
stomach upside
down
mind's wailing
when will it end?
rest calling
calling my name
slumber
beckons



This migraine
relentless
ruthless
turn down the shades
Tylenol
by the handful
eyes closed
damp cloth on
my forehead
laying supine
on my bed
Migraine
debilitating
excruciating
Migraine
in the house
behind the eyes
subsiding
maybe
possibly
but
slowly
quietly
Migraine

No comments:

Post a Comment