Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, August 15, 2014

December-After A Tough Time

This poem helped me get out of my funk, after my sister's serious bout with depression and being diagnosed with bipolar disease.  She was in and out of hospitals, after attempting suicide.  We almost lost her, but thank the Good Lord, she survived.  She really shouldn't have, based on what the emergency room doctors said.  I am thankful that I still have her around.  Depression is tough.  After three long years, she has made many breakthroughs.  At the time of her hospital stays, I was searching for ways to make sense of it all. I couldn't work. I couldn't sleep.  I felt that I wasn't doing enough for her.  Finally, after talking to someone who had experience with this, I felt better and was able to understand it through my writing.  After I was able to write this, I could finally concentrate and get back to normal.  Here is what has come from this experience.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

December by M. Ucles



December

                                         
 Born
Into this world
Seven on the day of infamy
Seven in the cold, cold rustling wind
Brushing up against my rosy red cheeks
Nose nastily running
Searching through
Once barren pockets
Housing the puffs of plenty
 Wadded into a ball

I stand
Peering into the dark and dreary
Dark and dreary monstrous tree branches
Flailing effortlessly into nothingness
The ultimate struggle captured
As a frozen Polaroid
Lifeless
 Alone


I behold
Yet cannot contain
This moment
So surreal
Surrounding, engulfing
Everything I am



Serenely
Delicately
Reaching, grasping
Covering
Caressing
Embracing
Consuming

Snow
Descending effortlessly
Numbing, piercing,
Placidly pervading my being
       Blanketing my soul
In a motionless dance



No sound
No words
Pure silence
  Peace
Enters side door left
for a second
or two
maybe more

Peace
Finally
Soulfully
Lovingly
Alights
My way
Thank God Almighty
Peace At last
Peace At last
Permeating
My heart
My Mind
My Soul
Palpable
Pristine
Peace


By Maureen Ucles

No comments:

Post a Comment