Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, August 15, 2014

Why, Why, Why?

Why?  Why?  Why?

Why do I feel so
bland
without a tan
in the middle of 
Siberia
without a coat
in the middle
of a blizzard?

Why does my nose
run?
With no place to go?
From here to fro'
I dunno

Why oh why?
Does the thermometer
rise
up into the hundreds
head throbbing
dizzy
sleepy
weak

Why oh why?
Do I cough, cough, cough
Isn't it enough,
nuff
nuff
that I feel so blue
not so true
a little un-glue
glue
glued
on 
Thanksgiving and beyond
every year
without fail
Immune system
goes down
like the Nasdaq

Wish I could
could
could
live a little
without the
drainage
nausea
cough
sneeze
too big
of a wheeze
doc again?
Same old meds
messin' up
my intestinal track
stomach ache
to be exact
when will it end?
or end me?

No comments:

Post a Comment