Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, August 11, 2014

Sweat Equity-Sweat Today, Smile Tomorrow!

I saw this post on Face Book just now that said,

"Sweat today. Smile tomorrow!"


That is advice that I am going to put into action.  My daughter and I are going to go to Planet Fitness to workout.  I really don't want to go. I would rather spend my evening in this easy chair watching First Take on ESPN.  Instead, I am going to put in some sweat equity.  I am going to build it up.  I know when I finish, I will feel fantastic and feel as if I accomplished something.  No doubt it will be worth something, if not my sanity.  Exercising has many great side effects. One of them is the feeling of elation and accomplishment.  When you exercise 45 minutes of more, endorphins are released in the brain and you feel so good.  Another benefit to exercising is that my lungs get a work out and cause me to take in more oxygen. That helps the elasticity of my lungs and my brains thanks me profusely. I also get those cobwebs out and can think things through. There is a clarity in my thinking.  Lastly, I can sleep way better when I exercise. My sleep is sounder and more rewarding. I wake up rested instead of restless.  Sweat equity!  You betcha and my mind, body and soul deserve it!  C'mon along!

No comments:

Post a Comment