Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

One Byte At A Time...Technological Fodder for the Soul

I love technology!  Love, love, love, love and extra love technology.  I used to be afraid, terrified, petrified almost died, at the sight or site of technology.  Now, my life has been change, rather transformed, morphed and completely altered at the sound of technology. I am changing megabyte by megabyte, as I stated in one of my first Xtranormal Videos.  It is due to the exposure and tutelage of Karen Justl and Sara Wilkie!  I think their tag teaming combo in my life was a great deal for me, happenstance with a little technology twist.  Now I find that technology and the tools that I use make my life more creative and I can express myself in many different ways.  There was even a time, and it may just happen, when I was considering getting my master's in educational technology.  I may venture that way some day. Who knows?  There are so many applications to the educational world that we have not even considered or figured out yet.  I hope that we travel down those pathways before others find it for us.  It would be a shame not to venture and try out new ways to integrate technology into our daily lives for self expression and to make meaning with our learning.  That is the way the world is heading.  We need to go there too.  That is why I hang out with Karen Justl.  Besides her great sense of humor and outlook, she knows so many tech tools that I didn't even know existed.  I would like to sit in her office and try out all of these tools.  Then I would like to experiment with them in the classroom.  That would be one of my goals for myself this year.

If you happen to want to know about new tools and their application, a blog you could visit would be Karen Justl's.  Her blog is called One Byte At A Time and you can find it by using this link and url http://karenjustl.blogspot.com/ .  I cannot wait to see what new gadgets and tools that Karen will show me this year.  I cannot wait!  We cannot wait.

Thanks Karen Justl and Sara Wilkie (from the Alan November group) for being the technological inspiration in my life!  I am eternally grateful!

Check out one of the first videos that ever made with Xtranormal. Karen got me hooked on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment