Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Friday, August 15, 2014

Am I

Few Poems That Have Been Gliding Off My Pen

Here are a few under-construction poems that have been gliding off my pens lately.  I haven't been up to posting them until now.  I figure I should take 5 minutes to post and various hours revising and editing later.  My philosophy is this: It doesn't have to perfect.  It has get written and then....let the magic begin.   So here are few:

Am I

I am a scratch post
Glass house
Boulders in hand
Scatter my world
Crumbling, bumbling, stumbling
Crash through my world
Vandalized-home invasion
Hit straight through the heart
Full out blatant assault

I am a punching bag
for you 
and all your
pent up 
frustrations
Trespassed
building that has imploded
here I lay
beneath
the beams, debris
mangled mass
unimaginable
torture
beneath
the crazy unfounded criticism 
confinement
I am
forbidden contagion of CDC
your unrelenting vitriol
spewing from all sides
that rancid acid
burning through and through
singeing, protruding, permeating
languishing in this malicious muck
gasping, laboring
grappling

I am
existing
surviving
yet striving
to overcome 
overwhelm
triumph
in the midst 
of these asinine ashes
am

No comments:

Post a Comment