Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Bullets and Boxes Revised

I willingly and knowingly dedicate this poem called Bullets and Boxes to Noemi Leon-Garcia. She is a good friend of mine and a colleague. She is the inspiration for this poem. I brought it back because of a Face Book post yesterday. I hope you enjoy!

Bullet and Boxes

I've got bullets and boxes
Chalk full of soxes
Running like fire ants 
all over the floor
next to me
next to the door
scramming for an exit
next door

More stinking
bullets and boxes
How did this happen?
When did this occur?
Did you hear me
Sir? Sir? Sir?
Anyone home?
Next door


Can't believe 
I'm  a 
witnessing
too many bullets
and boxes
such brutality
all over
tarnation
Sony and Cher
do you even
care?
Next door

When you think
it's safe
to escape 
through the gate
Here they come
running, running
running me
down
all over town
shouting
bullets and boxes
boxes and bullets
fists clenched
raised high into the air
seems so
darn, darn
TOXIC
EXPLAIN THIS!
Insanity...
Next door

Put them away
explain it-
nah-
someday
how we're
going, going
 gone
back
back
backwards
Ice Age
far enough
for ya?
Artic vortex
blasting
out my
mind
confusion
contusion
next door

Primal screams
rude, rude
prude
awakening
in the Mesozoic
or...
Cenozoic
Like you
know it--
R-i-g-h-t 
with your
bullets and boxes
seems so untenable
next door

Don't quite
think,
think so
Bro'
whydya
have to go
so postal?
Coastal?
and ruin
a good 
better
and best
thing
ever
with 
all your 
clamouring
hammering
'bout
posthumous
offerings-- 
bullets of info
when you
don't know
where they
go...
not even why
oops!
my bad
lost in the
.....
in the cardboard
perforated
box
box
boxes!
Next door


Slam it shut!
Throw away the key...


No comments:

Post a Comment