Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Inspired by a Comment

Yesterday, after a day of teaching and a long nap, I looked at my phone for any notifications. Unexpectedly, I saw that someone had left a comment for this blog Just Write Baby 1, 2,3...Go! I have received comments de vez en cuando (from time to time), so that wasn't so surprising. I noticed that the comment originated from one of my students. She had commented on one of my poems. It wasn't any of my poems that I had shared previously in class. It was a poem that I had written for my daughter on her 18th birthday. A few minutes ago, I read the comment. It was very exciting to see that one of my students is reading my blog at home and took the time to make a comment. Wow!  It may not seem much to some people, but it means the world to me. I have been sharing my blog since school started. My students are exploring and using it with Edmodo in class and now I see at home. 

Seeing her comment has made my day. It is not everyday that I get comments on my blog, much less from a young reader. Not a bad way to continue my day. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment