Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

STATES

Yeah, I know. I should be grading papers, leaving sticking notes, washing my clothes, thumbing through pages. Yeah, I know. I didn't use a conjunction. Did it on purpose. Yeah, I know. I don't quite feel ready to conform to conformity. Don't quite feel the need. Just sitting here. Waiting, waiting on a poem. I am waiting for the poem to run through my veins. Run through my mind. Please words, be ever so kind. Reveal yourselves to poor, poor me. I am in a state. Catatonic comes to mind... here is comes!
STATES
by Maureen Ucles


I am in a state
Not a
solid, liquid or gas.
Nah!
I am in a state of mind.
Catatonic
if you wanna know... 
the truth

Veritas
What's that?
Pilate  to Jesus
Truth
My truth
What's that?

Like I said
In a state
saturated
can't take any 
any more
any less
anything

I need some time
to breath
to wail
to chill
for just 
a second
millisecond

 Time
please
 stop...
slow motion
 complete notion
I espouse

State
of mind
gotta come out
willing
to let it fly
TIME
 must
slow down
my time
my place
my choice
my face
wish 
I
could 
move
enjoy
time

Oh, it's time
I say
looking up
ostentatious clock
moves
erratically
twice a day
moving forward
warp speed
wish it was
me
that easy
Scotty,
Beam me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment