Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Poetry Recital

Today I was so inspired by my students. It is not that I am not normally inspired, but today was a tad different. Today was different because my students volunteered to recite my poem called Tip. We studied the structure of poetry and then had some time to recite it aloud in groups. The previous day I showed them some YouTube videos of some rather fascinating young poets at poetry slams. We were amazed. These students in the videos recited their own poetry. Today my students had the opportunity to recite my poetry. This is a precursor to their own poetry slam. They will be crafting their own poetry and then we will have a poetry slam to celebrate. I was so excited to see such enthuisasm for poetry. I was able to share my love of reading and writing poetry. I recorded them and in the next few days, I will be uploading more student recital. It was extra special because they were reciting MY poetry! Wow!


No comments:

Post a Comment