Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Pennies and Poems

Penny and Poems

by Maureen Ucles

Penny 
for your thoughts
Penny 
for a poem?
Not!
I'd expect 
 more
lots more

Poems take time
to think
simmer
compose
lots of thought
writing down the bones
considering
you
the reader
my audience

More and more
thought
What have I wrought?
Words on a line
taking up space
my spare time
for whom?
The bell tolls 
for me
you
and 
others

Penny for my thoughts?
Inflation
Cost of living
insurance
set the score
broke
poor
need a little 
more

Poems for a penny?
priceless entities
hearing
rhythm
message
words and more words
 just write
bring together
very tight
revision decisions
decisions for revisions
for you

Pennies for my thoughts?
Sounds better
Rings true
Working on it
Moving
Deleting
Repeating
Making it 
right
 exposing thoughts
ideas
feelings
not pennies
just for...
 you

No comments:

Post a Comment